Fender guitar and bass necks : Stratocaster, Telecaster and Jazz Bass.
France Guitare Fender Stratocaster, Telecaster and Jazz Bass guitar replacement necks: There are essentially 2 main categories of Fender® guitar and bass necks distributed in Europe: the necks Made in Mexico and the necks made in the USA, and some Japanese limited edition series, this in series of neck for Stratocaster and neck from Telecaster. There are also old made in japan series and the low-end Squier type made in Korea or China depending on the years and models. The parts Made in Japan are no longer officially distributed by Fender® on the French territory for more than ten years.
Replacement necks for Fender Stratocaster, Telecaster and Jazz Bass guitars
1 - Price and characteristics of Genuine Fender® necks Made in Mexico
In the neck Stratocaster range and the Telecaster neck range, we find for necks as for bodies the following series of models at the bottom and middle of made in mexico range, the most widespread in the demand for spare parts (non-exhaustive list) :
- Fender Player, Blacktop or other standard Mexican series necks in 21 or 22 frets : special double humbucker series, neck slightly narrower, mix of modern and vintage, jumbo medium frets, maple and rosewood fingerboard, modern standard 9.5" radius, type 60s body and neck modern, vibrato vintage 6 points 52 mm Mid-Mid gap. Average price without mechanics: between 330 € and 390 € including VAT ;
- Fender Classic Series necks (Vintage), type Classic Series 50s Strat neck (type reissue 54-57), classic Serie 60s (type reissue 60-62) and Classic 70s (type reissue 69-79), early Vintage Reissue model taking up the characteristics of the famous models of the brand and the particular color codes for each of the models, the fittings and the pickguards are of type vintage. Average price without mechanics: between 350 € and 430 € including VAT depending on the series (the anniversary series are more expensive and benefit from a higher quality finish of wood and finish) ;
- Fender Classic Player Series necks : Hybrid reissue series that is inspired by the models vintage type 50's and 60's of the Classic range but improved by the addition of modern hardware (two-point vibrato) and the assembly of Vintage Custom Shop microphones. The Fender® Classic Player necks have a modern radius and a choice of intermediate quality wood, from mécaniques and frets vintage. The choice of colors is limited, these models were created by the Fender Custom Shop and carry the transition between the Mexican range and the intermediate range USA American Special or American Standard. Average price without mechanics: between 370 € and 420 € including VAT ;
- Fender Deluxe Player necks and Power Player, Deluxe Series, Nashville, etc : Mexican series including the Deluxe Power (HSS type), Deluxe Player, Roadhouse and Lone Star (HSS also) ranges. The Deluxe series is intended to be the lower-end equivalent of the American Deluxe but does not benefit from the quality and finishing efforts brought to the models made in the USA. Average price without mechanics: between 320 € and 370 € including VAT ;
- Fender Relic Road Worn™ necks : Type series Custom Shop Relic at the bottom of the RoadWorn Mexico range takes up the classic models of the brand in fashion vintage (50's and 60's) in worn relic mode, as their name suggests, guitars that have been played a lot, that we do on the road and a lot of stage!! We find some of the characteristics of American Vintage models (colors, nitro and vibrato varnishes or bridge type vintage), Fender® Road Worn necks benefit from an artificially worn old-fashioned preparation and finish (aged relic). Average price without mechanics: between 340 € and 390 € including VAT.
2 - GENUINE FENDER® necks MADE IN USA
In the range of Stratocaster and Telecaster (including Jaguar, Mustang, JazzMaster and others), we find for the necks as for the bodies the following series of models in mid and high-end made in the USA. Any these Fender necks and Fender body have notable differences compared to pieces made in Mexico. With the exception of the Artist or Vintage models, all other series are equipped with neck with 22 frets with a more or less flat type C profile, with a progressive radius or not, more or less thin frets affecting the playing comfort :
- Fender Stratocaster American Special Neck: neck with wide head type CBS end 60s and 70s, 4 screw points and 22 frets, radius jumbo frets of 9.5" sometimes 10", rosewood fingerboard or neck a maple piece, formerly Highway-one series. Average price without mechanics: between 480 € and 550€ including VAT ;
- Fender® American Original series Neck which replaces since 2017 the American Vintage and Am Vintage Hot Rod series : Reproduction of the models that have made the success of the brand since its beginning, the 54, 57, 59, 62, 69, the neck 21 frets with fine satin or gloss amber nitrocellulose finish, radius and frets vintage 7.25 to 9.5 depending on the series (breeding periods), old-fashioned sleeve profiles also C or V, see asymmetrical depending on the models. Average new price without mechanics: between € 650 and € 780 including VAT depending on the model, the year of production and the series (anniversary, FSR or limited edition) ;
- Fender® American Deluxe, Elite, Ultra or Professional II limited series neck : The most high-end with the Select series, neck with jumbo or jumbo medium frets depending on the years and series, locking mechanism, rolling string guide nut, high-end maple, polyurethane satin varnish, mother-of-pearl or abalone marker. The neck high-end series with modern profile and width "C" or "D" versatile depending on the series, compensated progressive radius. Average price without mechanics: between 700 € and 900 € including VAT depending on the model and the type of wood.
- Fender® Artist Signature Neck : neck reproduction of flagship models of artists who have played on Fender, eric Clapton neck, Stevie Ray, Hendrix, Gallagher, Robert Cray, Knopfler, etc. The necks generally take up the identical characteristics of the necks used on their favorite Strat or telecaster: varnish, fingerboard, radius, mécaniques, sillet, tint, etc. Average price without mechanics: between 780 € (for Mexican series) and more than 1200 € including VAT on Custom Shop level series, depending on the rarity of the series (limited or not) and the model (some series are made in mexico). Custom Shop model sold in general not below 1200 € including VAT sometimes more than 1500 € for the so-called collector's limited series.
Above all, remember that the price depends as much on the quality level, as on the price of the whole guitar because number of fender necks Fender is not sold. So sometimes it is necessary to disassemble a guitar to get the neck, which explains the price of parts because bodies and other spare parts are much less in demand. Obviously, we make our fingers play more willingly on the neck than on the guitar case. ;-)