Fender guitar and bass necks: Stratocaster, Telecaster and Jazz Bass.
France Guitare Replacement necks for Fender Stratocaster, Telecaster and Jazz Bass guitars: There are essentially 2 main categories of Fender® guitar and bass necks distributed in Europe: necks Made in Mexico and necks made in USA , and some Japanese series in limited edition, this neck series for Stratocaster and Telecaster neck . There are also old series made in Japan and the low-end Squier type made in Korea or China depending on the years and models. Made in Japan parts have no longer been officially distributed by Fender® on French territory for more than ten years.
Replacement necks for Fender Stratocaster, Telecaster and Jazz Bass guitars
1 - Price and characteristics of Genuine Fender® Made in Mexico necks
In the Stratocaster neck range and the Telecaster neck range , we find for necks as well as for bodies the following series of models in the low and mid- range made in mexico , the most widespread in the demand for spare parts (non-exhaustive list):
- Fender Player, Blacktop or other standard Mexican series necks in 21 or 22 frets: special double humbucker series, slightly narrower neck , mix of modern and vintage , medium jumbo frets, maple and rosewood fingerboard, modern standard 9.5" radius, body 60s type and modern neck , vintage 6-point vibrato 52 mm apart Mi-Mi. Average price without mechanics: between €300 and €400 including tax;
- Fender Classic Series necks (Vintage), Strat Neck type Classic Serie 50s (reissue type 54-57), classic Serie 60s (reissue type 60-62) and Classic 70s (reissue type 69-79), early range Reissue Vintage model incorporating the characteristics of the brand's famous models and the color codes specific to each model, the hardware and pickguards are vintage . Average price without mechanics: between €350 and €460 including tax depending on the series (the anniversary series are more expensive and benefit from better quality wood and finish);
- Fender Vintage Mexican necks, Classic Player or Vintera type : hybrid reissue series, Vintera type, Classic Player, RoadHouse or Player Plus which are inspired by vintage 50's and 60's models from the Classic range but improved by the addition of modern hardware (two-point tremolo) and Vintage Custom Shop pickup assembly. Fender® Vintera necks feature a modern radius and a choice of intermediate quality woods, vintage machine head tuners and frets. The choice of colors is limited, these models were created by the Fender Custom Shop and represent the transition between the Mexican range and the USA American Special or American Standard intermediate range. Average price without mechanics: between €380 and €460 including tax ;
- Fender Deluxe Player and Power Player necks, Deluxe Series, Nashville, etc.: Mexican series including the Deluxe Power (HSS type), Deluxe Player, Roadhouse and Lone Star (also HSS) ranges. The Deluxe series is intended to be the lower-end equivalent of the American Deluxe but does not benefit from the quality and finishing efforts made to the models made in the USA . Average price without mechanics: €420 including tax ;
- Fender Relic Road Worn™ necks: Custom Shop Relic type series at the low end RoadWorn Mexico takes the classic models of the brand in vintage mode (50's and 60's) in worn relic mode, as their name suggests, guitars which have been very performed, which we do on the road and a lot of stage!! We find some of the characteristics of the American Vintage models (colors, nitro varnish and vibrato or vintage type bridge), the Fender® Road Worn necks benefit from an artificially worn old-fashioned preparation and finish ( aged relic ). Average price without mechanics: between €460 including tax.
2 - GENUINE FENDER® NECKS MADE IN USA
In the Stratocaster and Telecaster neck range (including Jaguar , Mustang, JazzMaster and others), we find for necks and bodies the following series of mid- and high-end models made in the USA . All of these Fender necks and Fender bodies have notable differences compared to parts made in mexico . With the exception of the Artist or Vintage models, all other series are equipped with 22-fret neck with a more or less flat C-type profile, with a progressive radius or not, more or less fine frets affecting playing comfort:
- Fender American Professional Stratocaster Neck : neck with small pre-CBS 60s type headstock, 4 screw points and 22 narrow tall frets, 9.5" radius sometimes 10", rosewood fingerboard or one-piece maple neck , formerly Am-Standard series. Average price without mechanics: between €590 and €700 including tax;
- Fender® American Standard Neck until 2017 rosewood or maple fingerboard : the classic from Fender "C" or "deep C" profile for the professional, nut 42.8mm to 43mm wide, sometimes a little less, 22 medium fret neck jumbo, narrow tall on the Professional series, one-piece maple neck or rosewood fingerboard, standard Schaller machine head tuners stepped since 2008. Average price without tuners: around €670 including tax;
- Fender® American Original series Neck which has replaced the American Vintage and Am Vintage Hot Rod series since 2017: Reproduction of the models that have made the brand successful since its beginnings, the 54, 57, 59, 62, 69, the 21 fret neck fine satin or gloss amber nitrocellulose finish, vintage radius and frets 7.25 to 9.5 depending on the series (reproduction periods), old-style neck profiles also progressive C or V or even asymmetrical depending on the model. Average new price without mechanics: between €690 and €780 including tax depending on the model, the year of production and the series (anniversary, FSR or limited edition);
- Fender® American Deluxe, Elite, Ultra or Professional II limited series Neck : The most high-end with the Select series, medium jumbo or jumbo fret neck depending on the year and series, locking action, rolling string guide nut, maple high-end, polyurethane satin varnish, mother-of-pearl or abalone marker. The high-end series neck with a modern “C” or “D” width and profile, versatile depending on the series, progressive compensated radius. Average price without mechanics: between €750 and €940 including tax depending on the model and type of wood.
- Fender® Artist Signature Neck : neck reproduction of flagship models of artists who played on Fender, Eric Clapton neck , Stevie Ray, Hendrix, Gallagher, Robert Cray, Knopfler, etc. The necks generally have the same characteristics as the necks used on their favorite Strat or telecaster : varnish, fingerboard, radius, machine head tuners , nut, tint, etc. Average price without mechanics: between €790 and more than €1400 including tax on Custom Shop level series, depending on the rarity of the series (limited or not) and the model (some series are made in mexico ). Custom Shop model generally sold for not less than €1,200 including tax, sometimes more than €1,500 for so-called collector limited series.
Above all, remember that the price depends as much on the level of quality as on the price of the entire guitar because many Fender necks are not sold by Fender. It is therefore sometimes necessary to disassemble a guitar to obtain the neck , which explains the price of the parts because bodies and other spare parts are much less in demand. Obviously, we play our fingers more willingly on the neck than on the body of the guitar. ;-)